Wednesday, December 8th 2010 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Enjoy appetizers, a glass of wine and discuss your special soup creations with Slow Food friends.
Slow Food Sacramento invites you to our first ever Soup Swap on December 8th from 6:00 -7:30 PM. The Soup Swap is $5/person and you provide soup according to the guidelines below. This event is limited to the first 25 sign-ups and only committed soup swappers should sign up.
- Prepare your most delicious soup using Slow Food (good, clean, fair) ingredients. Then package 3 quarts of soup in quart-sized containers and freeze. It is ok to have one, two or more kinds soups as long as you provide 3 quarts total in quart-sized containers.
- Label your 3 quart-sized soup containers with name of soup and ingredients. If your soup is vegetarian, vegan, and/or especially spicy, please indicate on label.
- All types of soup are great, though some soups don't freeze particularly well, such as potato and cream soups for example.
- Arrive on time (6 p.m.) and place your quart containers of soup on display. Keep your box or bags handy for the trip home.
- Enjoy some appetizers, a glass of wine and discuss your special creation with fellow Slow Food friends.
- About 6:45, we'll place numbers in a hat equal in number to the participants and then each person will draw a number.
- "Telling of the Soup" - We'll then go around the room and introduce ourselves, and our soups. Be ready to describe your soup in 20 seconds or less. Is it organic? It is spicy? Does it have anything someone might not be able to eat? Is it a treasured recipe?
- Number 1 picks the first soup, Number 2 the second and so on, until everyone has selected a soup. Repeat until all the soup is gone.
- Everyone should now be leaving with the same amount of soup, but now it is a wonderful mix of soup!
- Enjoy your new soups and think ahead about next Soup Swap.
Note: Note to Vegetarians and Vegans - you may only get back a certain number of veggie/vegan soups and may be left with a few meat soups to give to friends.